Ruby on Rails Web App Developer
Our rapidly growing Kingston-based software startup with ties to Queen’s University and the Silicon Valley (San Francisco) is looking to hire part-time as well as full-time (two positions) web application developers effective immediately. Flexible and self-motivated ruby on rails developers are required to improve upon a platform currently in use and further lead the addition of new features and functionalities. The current platform is a light-weight learning management system intended to also provide interactive components such with audio, video, questionnaires and quiz entries, to name a few.
Preference is given to applicant with track record with rails but driven and entrepreneurially-minded senior undergraduate and Master’s students or recent graduates are encouraged to apply. The starting location is at the Company’s Canadian headquarters in Queen’s Innovation Park. Flexibility to move to Toronto or California will be a bonus for later stages. Expertise in web and mobile application design, as well as full-stack development is not required but is an asset.
In short, we seek applicants who are:
- Punctual and efficient time manager
- Creative and analytical
- Expressive and effective communicator
- Flexible and team-oriented
- System-oriented with short- and long-term planning skills
- Aspiring and entrepreneurially-minded
- Excellent knowledge of ruby on rails
- Excellent knowledge of MySQL Postgres database organization
- Experience with html, CSS and designing dynamic web content
- Legally allowed to work in Canada (Canadian citizens and permanent residents are preferred)
Start date: immediately
Commitment: part-time and full-time positions (Students: apply and include your transcripts)
Location: Ontario, Canada (preferably Kingston, Ontario)
Remark: Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To ensure full consideration, please send cover letter, resume, and transcripts (students) to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 5th, 2017. Write “Ruby Development” in the subject line and specify your immigration and work permit status for Canada in your cover letter.